Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water softener systems

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 08:51:01 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

I personally feel that companies like Thames and others who supply water
should be doing the removal. Surely the lime scale is damaging appliances
and pipes

it repairs pipes.

and for all we know causing kidney stones.

there is no oxalate in tap water afaik. The minerals present are essential nutrients.

It never used to be
like this.

Ground sourced water has been hard for millions of years.

I seem to remember in London it started to worsen when they put
in that huge concrete ring main around London. Could it perhaps be a break
down of the cement that is getting into the water?
Brian

no.