Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Water softener systems

I personally feel that companies like Thames and others who supply water
should be doing the removal. Surely the lime scale is damaging appliances
and pipes and for all we know causing kidney stones. It never used to be
like this. I seem to remember in London it started to worsen when they put
in that huge concrete ring main around London. Could it perhaps be a break
down of the cement that is getting into the water?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Graham." wrote in message
So. I'm fed up with scale everywhere. I'm thinking water softener.

I don't want to faff about filling it with salt every 5 minutes.

It's there an idiots guide somewhere which explains the different systems?

This one for example seems to good to be true. Which probably means it's

https://www.easyh2o.co.uk/product/4-...em-rrp-239-105

Can anyone with a system installed comment please?

Have you considered moving to Manchester...
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%