Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Harbor Freight Stepping up Their Game?

On 3/5/18 12:26 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

IIRC, he was concerned about one bearing on the saw, but he was also
very impressed with the Festool casting and machining and took a lot of
time to point it out and offered many compliments.

That bearing caught my interest. He was correct in that helical gears
produce thrust forces, but I believe the thrust is against the inboard
bushing and not the bearing (I'll have to watch again to confirm).

The comment about the stator windings not being better protected and the
pinched wire were eye openers.

-BR