Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GLOVES !!!!!!! A Dangerous Subject in This Group

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:18:36 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:

However, when I reach inside a machine to take out one of those steel
parts no matter how well I think I have blown it off those tiny steel
needles jump for my hands worse than a jumping cholla cactus leans
towards human flesh. I've mostly done aluminum int he past I don't
think I've ever gotten an aluminum sliver in my hand, but my hands have
dozens of tiny metal splinters in them right now.

What's a machinist to do?

magnet in a plastic bag. Should be able to attract the steel needles to the plastic bag and then remove the magnet from the bag so you can dump the needles in to the trash.

Have not done this but ought to work.

Dan