Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GLOVES !!!!!!! A Dangerous Subject in This Group

Bob La Londe wrote:

I've been doing some pretty detailed machining in 4140 HT using HSM
methods and it results in millions of tiny little needles.

Yup, classic problem, I've had it, too. I don't think thin gloves will
really help, the needles will likely go right through. You may be able to
vacuum the work area first, then pass a magnet over the work and fixture to
pick up more. Then, wipe the part down with a paper towel with something
like LPS-1 on it to pick up the last needles.

I'd love to know what the pros do about this.

Jon