Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Harbor Freight Stepping up Their Game?

Jack wrote:
On 3/8/2018 11:27 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/8/2018 9:49 AM, Markem wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 10:05:34 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:11 AM, Leon wrote:
Jack wrote:
On 3/7/2018 12:51 PM, Markem wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 10:15:00 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 3/6/2018 9:32 PM, wrote:
If it was me, or only me and a trusted assistant I would buy
Festool
for almost all my needs.
And yes, under those conditions I would take them out to a job
site when needed.
The only tool I wouldn't buy that they make is their drills.
Too much value these days in the lifetime warranty (and recent
brushless models) for me to buy something else.

Big Snip

Comparing HF to Festool in just about anyway is just stupid.
One is a tool designed and manufactured to the highest
tolerances for
dedicated woodworkers or exacting professionals, and one is a
utility tool
that fits a certain need. I have never heard of a professional
saying,
"man, one day I would really like to have one of those HF miter
saws".

Don't get this one...

You don't get that the fact that you know "pro's" (yourself even)
that
uses HF tools does not infer that HF tools are great tools
designed to
last any more that a pro using a festering tool mean they are
balls to
the wall best tools ever made...

You know Jack that is exactly what he said by my reading.

YMMV I guess.

snip

Leon made the statement that Festools were good because pros use them.

I made no such statement at all.

Well, I said:
"He said the festering TS 55 is not designed for continuous use and
abuse that a contractor would need."

And you replied:
"And yet pros have been using the Festool track saws for decades.."

I take that as saying festools are good because pros use them. What was
it you were trying to say with that statement?

With you it really does not matter, if it does not fit your narrative.

He seems to rearrange words and often gets confused.

Bull! I quoted exactly what you said, no word rearrangement. Feel free
to explain what you meant when you replied, and I quote:

"And yet pros have be using the Festool track saws for decades.."

If it was not saying festering tools are good because pros use them,
then what was it you were mumbling?

Jeez Jack

You said,
He said the festering TS 55 is not designed for continuous use and abuse
that a contractor would need.

I responded,
"And yet pros have be using the Festool track saws for decades.."

So to put that /my comment into words you might understand.
My comment was in contrast to the opinion that the saw is not designed for
continuous use and abuse that a contractor would need. Because pros have
been using Festool track saws for decades it is not a stretch of the
imagination to realize that the saws have indeed been holding up for
continuous use and abuse by contractors for decades.

Then some where you said,
I take that as saying festools are good because pros use them

YOU misinterpreted my comment and added good because pros use them. I
never said they are good because pros use them. I simply said pros have
been using them for decades.

Do you think pros would be using, for decades, a saw brand that did not
hold up to the use and abuse of a contractor?

YOU are the one that said you took the comment, the fact that contractors
have been using the saws for decades, to mean they were good.