Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AliExpress experience?

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 08:16:06 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 14:30:11 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
This morning I took it grocery shopping, powered by a Lithium
jumpstarter in the shopping cart and the rear 12V outlet in the car.
Five days of breakfast, lunch and supper fit in snugly. It's light
and
narrow enough to carry with one arm so I can open doors with the
other.

I can just see the nightly Gnu Hamster news channel "Jim Wilkins was
arrested today during an attempt to smuggle food out of grocery. The
local bomb squad was called in to explode an unknown 'device'.
Wilkins
was thought to be attempting to cool the device with the frozen food
so it wouldn't prematurely detonate." ducking

Habanitro sauce?

The clerk asked me where she could buy one.

I took the freezer in to see how much I could stuff into it, as I
hadn't jammed in the more compressible empty boxes as tightly as
possible. Usually I put cold food in soft-side insulated cooler bags
in the shopping basket. They've told me I am the only customer who
does even that much to keep food from thawing.

I do that, too. Wally World had them for a couple bucks a handful of
years ago, so during the summer, I fill in-store and refill after the
self-checkout.

Milk is extremely susceptible to early death without being kept at 40
or below, so I use them for all cold and frozen foods. In the winter,
the truck is cool enough not to need it for the (5 minutes, 3.5mi)
drive home.

We are in the middle of a major snowstorm, over a foot of wet sticky
snow that bent down the tree branches, though we didn't lose power.
New Jersey (Ed) got twice as much.

Did I just hear a "yet?" at the end of that first sentence?
Another storm is hammering Seattle right now, given the yellow
features on the radar screen on Wunderground, the last one over ID
right now.

We've had drippy rain all day, and there is a 45mph wind advisory up.
The real rain will get here tomorrow, it appears.

I had the fridge and freezer on UPS power overnight. The DIY UPS for
the DC-input freezer, a Radio Shack 13.8V 19A power supply charging a
battery to 13.5V through a diode, ran at the rate of only $2.20 a
month according to a KAWez. That PS reads 0.0W on the KAW without a
load, 6W float-charging the battery and 36W with the compressor on.

Not bad at all.

The PS overloaded and shut off when I tried to charge a battery
directly with it. The series Schottky let it charge a battery
discharged to 12.02V. The low resistance I put in series wasn't
needed, but it might be with a more deeply discharged battery. I want
this thing fully automatic in case the power returns in the middle of
the night.

Indeed. You don't want dueling PSes on your hands.

--
Silence is more musical than any song.
-- Christina Rossetti