Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Harbor Freight Stepping up Their Game?

On 3/6/2018 9:46 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/6/2018 8:24 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/5/2018 1:07 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/5/2018 8:12 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/3/2018 3:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/3/18 12:50 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 3/3/2018 11:49 AM, Leon wrote:
Apparently the new line of HF tools, Hercules, has got it's sites
set
on the DeWalt DWS780. But is the price difference to enough to go
from a 3 year warranty on the DeWalt to a 90 day warranty for the
Hercules? Will anyone pay $399 for a HF SCMS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfLR-FQGgGU

And the claimed "high efficiency dust collection" apparently means
that it will collect dust on the outside of the dust bag rather than
in the bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fLCrCz1_2rc

No, Watch AVE's teardown of the hercules drills. Crap.

Love that guy!
I'm watching it, now.

Me too. He speaks my language too. He likes Hilti tools I think.
Not at all impressed with the festering tools, (considering the
price) He said the festering TS 55 is not designed for continuous use
and abuse that a contractor would need.

And yet pros have been using the Festool track saws for decades..

Pro's have also been using Harbor Freight junk, so what?

I don't know, so what. He said that the TS55 is not designed for
continuous use. He has no evidence that they will not work as well as
another brand with regard to function or longevity. And years of, in
the field use, has proven that.

I'd bet you would be more likely to see the pros using HF than Festools.

Yeah, so what?

Exactly!

Hilti on the other hand he thinks is over kill for the home user. As
a home user, I wouldn't spend the bucks on either, but really, if I
wanted to spend that much on a hand tool, I'd look at a Hilti first.

I bought my wife a kitchen aid mixer, and THEN watched his tear
down/review of the same mixer, holding my breath. Seemed to pass so I
was happy.

He says no manufacturer would ever send him a tool for review, and
after watching him a few times, I believe him.

This guy is like many on YouTube, simply trying to get as many likes as
possible. Click bate.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com