Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Continental europe having problems with 50Hz

On 07/03/18 09:46, The Other Mike wrote:
Isolating the grids into separate frequency regions is useful with a relatively
weak connection but it's not just for system stability and frequency purposes,
the losses are lower and above all you have the ability to alter power transfer.

Yes. The propagation delay across the USA mandates that at 60Hz you
really dont wannna be THAT big..ortherwise your i8nphasde geretair is
out of phase at the other side of the country.

I suspect that the European grid may yet fragment a little more into
chinks with DC interconnectirs.

about 2000km is as big as I think you want to be

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!