Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Continental europe having problems with 50Hz

I was actually thinking that I'd imagine powe cuts were the biggest
annoyance to clocks that cound mains cycles myself, not a slight loss due
to cycles.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 06/03/2018 16:46, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 13:46:31 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

They've lost 5 minutes worth of cycles since mid-January

https://www.entsoe.eu/news-events/announcements/announcements-archive/Pages/News/Frequency-deviations-in-Continental-Europe-including-impact-on-electric-clocks-steered-by-frequency.aspx

How much has UK paid for French electricity and foreign gas. What
happens if
Russia turns off the flow of gas to UK? Something a bit more relevant to
worry
about in UK.

Not much because we don't get much gas from Russia.
Now if Russia turned off its gas to the rest of its customers the price
would rocket.