Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Speaking of miter saws,,,

On 3/6/2018 9:29 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/6/18 8:27 AM, Leon wrote:
Does any one have an explanation as to why all miter saw miter scales
show (0) Zero where it should say 90 degrees?Â* They all show zero and
go towards 45 degrees, instead of 90 degrees going towards 45 degrees.

If anyone has an explanation it is probably also good for why the
bevel scale is the same way.

Set a speed-square against the fence and you'll have your answer.

Where am I looking to see my answer? When I set my speed square base,
the wide edge, against the fence it shows 90 degrees down to the saws
capacity of about 45 degrees. The speed square goes to Zero next to the
fence.