Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shockproof? Really?

Gunner Asch on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 21:12:49 -0800

It is not as accurate as a decimal one though. The dial turns at a
higher rate. One turn is one inch.

Not as accurate as a micrometer - or a laser for that matter.

But a dial which shows the full inch, also lets me "see" that it
is "about two hairs past a quarter inch". Just don't forget to add
the inch - I do not want to think about the number of times I read the
'fraction' of a digital/ dial caliper or mic and forgot the rest of
it.

You are measuring something that is 4.357"..and you forget the 4"?

Nurse! Atropine! Stat!!!

(Grin)

Snerk - more like (squinting at mic) 'That's .2" and not "that's
..002 plus two times .250". Nerts.

I cut it off twice and it is still too short!
--
pyotr filipivich