Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shockproof? Really?

On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 07:24:09 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sat, 03 Mar 2018 20:51:05 -0800

Unless you get the all plastic ones..the HF calipers work just as well
as just about any "good one". They may not last 30 yrs in a busy
shop..but most makers today, foreign and domestic (any domestic makers
left?) make mics and calibers more than good enough..and accurate
enough for home shop and moderate commercial use.

I want a dial caliper in fractions of an inch. Because I do a
lot of woodworking using inches and fractions thereof - and I haven't
memorized the drill size conversion charts.

My $20 HF digital shows in thou, mm, and fractions at the touch of a
button. I buy batteries from China at $0.12-$0.20 apiece in lots of
10.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her