Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shockproof? Really?

On 3/5/2018 12:41 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 17:46:25 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 3/4/2018 5:16 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 07:24:09 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sat, 03 Mar 2018 20:51:05 -0800

Unless you get the all plastic ones..the HF calipers work just as well
as just about any "good one". They may not last 30 yrs in a busy
shop..but most makers today, foreign and domestic (any domestic makers
left?) make mics and calibers more than good enough..and accurate
enough for home shop and moderate commercial use.

I want a dial caliper in fractions of an inch. Because I do a
lot of woodworking using inches and fractions thereof - and I haven't
memorized the drill size conversion charts.
--
pyotr filipivich

You wont find a Dial caliper in fractions. You will however find a
DIGITAL caliper in fractions at...Harbor Freight.

But you might find a dial caliper in fractions. I got mine at Harbor
Freight. LOL.

Here is a picture of the one I have:
http://tacklemaker.info/index.php?ac...sa=view;pic=55

Isnt that what I just said? That you can get em at HF?

No. You said you could get a digital one their. I got a dial one
there. Reads in fractions. Posted a link to a picture of mine too.