Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Harbor Freight Stepping up Their Game?

On 3/5/2018 8:12 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/3/2018 3:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/3/18 12:50 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 3/3/2018 11:49 AM, Leon wrote:
Apparently the new line of HF tools, Hercules, has got it's sites set
on the DeWalt DWS780.Â* But is the price difference to enough to go
from a 3 year warranty on the DeWalt to a 90 day warranty for the
Hercules?Â* Will anyone pay $399 for a HF SCMS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfLR-FQGgGU

And the claimed "high efficiency dust collection" apparently means
that it will collect dust on the outside of the dust bag rather than
in the bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fLCrCz1_2rc

No, Watch AVE's teardown of the hercules drills. Crap.

Love that guy!
I'm watching it, now.

Me too.Â* He speaks my language too.Â* He likes Hilti tools I think.Â* Not
at all impressed with the festering tools, (considering the price)Â* He
said the festering TS 55 is not designed for continuous use and abuse
that a contractor would need.

And yet pros have been using the Festool track saws for decades..

Hilti on the other hand he thinks is over kill for the home user.Â* As a
home user, I wouldn't spend the bucks on either, but really, if I wanted
to spend that much on a hand tool, I'd look at a Hilti first.

I bought my wife a kitchen aid mixer, and THEN watched his tear
down/review of the same mixer, holding my breath.Â* Seemed to pass so I
was happy.

He says no manufacturer would ever send him a tool for review, and after
watching him a few times, I believe him.

This guy is like many on YouTube, simply trying to get as many likes as
possible. Click bate.