Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Maplin meltdown

On Saturday, 3 March 2018 11:41:24 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just coming back on topic, most posters have bemoaned the fact that
Maplins was not what it used to be and generally dear. However, with
the number of replies to the topic are we secretly sad to see it go?

Of course we are.

Along with district nurses with starched caps driving Morris Minors, telegram boys on bicycles, AA men who saluted, sweet shops where you could buy 4 different items for a tuppny, proper bogs that flush when you pull a chain and have a roller towel on the back of the door.

I wonder when Beamish will get its first reproduction Maplin :-)

Owain