Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Maplin meltdown

On 02/03/2018 15:21, whisky-dave wrote:

Can the items NOT going through the till tell the store management the
difference between a lack of sales because the item is unpopular or a
lack of sales because the total evaporation of the stock.

I would assume so with a good system, and someone that knows what they are doing when looking at the results.

I do wonder if large supermarkets tick off each item as it is delivered.

I thought they had those guns now that do that, even our postroom uses such a system.

Saw a TV programme about the supermarkets - one of them has an algorithm
that if no bananas have gone through the till in 15 minutes send message
to shelf stackers to make sure the shelves don't need restocking.

--
Chris B (News)