Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin meltdown

In article ,
wrote:
On Friday, 2 March 2018 12:21:45 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
SO very difficult to detect, so you have to rely on what;s sold at
the till point rather than what 'evaporates' yes evapouration was
the term used by M&S when my dad worked for them 20 years ago,
NOTHING got stolen but stock evaporated was the term used.

'shrinkage' is the usual term. Not just theft, but damaged stock disposed of without being recorded as waste, etc.

Some years ago, the company I worked for had a social club. And profits
from the bar weren't as high as expected. This was well before so many
paid by credit card, etc.

Against the wishes of some (mainly due to cost) we installed a total stock
control suystem. Where each drink sold was entered individually. Common
these days. Giving a record of what was sold and how much paid.

In a very short time it became clear it was buying a lot more Vodka than
it sold. Roughly a litre a day. Which had been going down one of the
barman's throats...

--
*If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.