Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Maplin meltdown

In article , jkn
wrote:
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 4:31:06 PM UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 15:39:07 +0000, alan_m wrote:

And a few streets away Bi pre-pack (??) selling recycled electronic
items and mainly reject (seconds) individual components, including
full kits of wax coated carbon resistors. It was a mainly mail order
with items bagged in quantities of 10 hence the name of the company.
In the end Maplin probably took them out by selling first class
specified components at similar prices.

Bi-Pak?

-- My posts are my copyright and if @diy_forums or Home Owners' Hub
wish to copy them they can pay me £1 a message. Use the BIG mirror
service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org *lightning surge
protection* - a w_tom conductor

IIRC there were two - Bi-pak *and* Bi-Pre-Pak - advertising in the
magazines of the time (Practical|Everyday Electronics etc.). As a
youngster I never understood whether they were one and the same, or one
was copying the other.

I grew up with a printed copy of the Henry's catalogue to drool over... I
only ever got to visit the shop in Edgeware Road many years after its
prime.

They had more than one. The Edgeware Road Flyover took one out, though.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England