Edwin Pawlowski

Default Cabinet Installation Advice Needed

"Michael Roback" wrote in message
Want to check something out here! I had a "cabinet maker/finish

carpenter"
install some kitchen cabinets. When I looked at the hanging ledgers I
noticed that he had drilled about 5-6 holes through the cabinet for every
connection point until he found the stud.

The guy is a hack. I'm not a pro, but I have hung cabinets. Every stud was
marked. I missed one screw when I went off a bit. . Stud finders are not
perfect, but they do work. So does measuring 16" from a know stud. Again,
not perfect, but 90%+ accurate.

As for the integrity of the cabinets, I don't think all that much was taken
out to weaken them enough to be concerned. It sure looks like hell though.

Please let him use you as a reference so you can tell others of his work.

Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome