c_kubie

Default Cork floors installation.

blue wrote in message ...
1. finish Cork flooring ($3 - $5 sq/ft)

We're putting in a floating click together cork floor. It was CDN$5.75
/sq ft at Home Depot for the pattern we wanted. Rona (don't know if
there is Rona in the U.S.) also carries cork now the same price range.
This is about US$3.50-$4 per sq ft.

2 3mm or 5mm cork underlayment (.50 - $1 sq/ft)

There is no underlayment involved for our brand of flooring (Natur by
Quickstyle), unless you install it on below grade concrete which
requires a vapour barrier. The flooring can go on right top of ceramic
tile, lino, vinyl flooring, plywood subfloor, etc.

3 moisure barrier film ??

Like I said above, no moisture barrier is required unless you are
installing directly on below grade concrete.

Hope this helps.

I'm right on a slab and i am above grade, but i dont trust the
concrete. It is probably a waste but for $30 for 200sq/ft.. I spend
it for piece of mind

Also, I was reading that cork may crack if installed above heating
ducts in cement floor/subfoor. Cracks can install when over 84
degrees.

http://www.diyflooring.com/inst_165/installation.html

very last line on the install instructions..

Anyone ever heard of this?

c_kubie