Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Assembly Bench Completed

On 2/24/2018 12:54 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/24/2018 10:55 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/24/2018 10:47 AM, Jac
On 2/24/2018 10:53 AM, Leon wrote:

When not in use and being stored it has a foot print of

20"x17". You
probably take up more space when you are staining in the shop.

From the picture and your comments, you say it has a full sheet of
plywood on top. To me, a full sheet of plywood wouldn't fit on
anything 20x17"?

Picture this, the work bench is "2" sections, side by side. Each

is 96"
long, 20" wide, and 8.5" tall. If I stand both on end, 96" tall,

with
the bottom of one against the top of the other the foot print is
20"x17".

You lost me on the 96" long part. It's not clear how you get the long
96" dimension to store against the wall in a 20x8.5" space?

I'm sorry but I cannot think of a simpler way to explain it. FWIW, I
said a 20x17 foot print, not 20x8.5.

Would a picture help?

I needed to add this to this drawing anyway. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Now I get it, thanks. So the wall space is 96" x 20" x 17. I think it
was the "bottom of one against the top of the other" and ignoring the
96" dimension that threw me off.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com