Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow?

In article , says...
* I buy "yard gas" 10 gallons at a time - non-ethanol only . Since I
never know how long it's going to be around I add Sta-Bil as soon as I
get home . I went thru the last 10 pretty quick , a month or so . Been
doing a lot of cuttin' - haulin' - splittin' firewood , plus pushing
dirt around with Rusty the Tractor .

--

That is about what I do. I try to put the Stabil in the 2 5 gallon gas
tanks I usually fill up at a time with the ethanol free gas before I

Sofar all the small engines start up on the 'old gas'. Best starting
engine I have is the tiller. I usually just run it once or twice in the
spring or late winter to get a small garden ready. Then I let it run
all the way out of gas. For the last 10 years it will start on one or
at the most 2 pulls of the starting rope. That is with a fresh fill up
of the 4 month old gas.