Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Assembly Bench Completed

On 2/20/2018 9:31 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/19/2018 4:30 PM, Jack wrote:
On 2/18/2018 6:41 PM, wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

See? The fishing works. ;-)

I like it. A lot! How do you deal with cutting the top of the bench?

I built my cutting bench on a solid-core door with a sheet of 3/4" MDF
just sitting on top, held in place by side rails 1/4" shy of the
surface. I'm not short on space so portability wasn't important. It's
on casters but it never moves more than a foot or two.

Wasn't it you that bought that goofy accordion folding work table "the
centipede" I think it was called? Everyone got all over the Comet
cause he thought it looked gimmick-ee.

Anyway, this thing Leon built I've seen on YouTube before. Looks ok
but takes up lots of floor/wall space.

When not in use and being stored it has a foot print of 20"x17". You
probably take up more space when you are staining in the shop.

From the picture and your comments, you say it has a full sheet of
plywood on top. To me, a full sheet of plywood wouldn't fit on anything
20x17"?

Anyway, it looks OK if you need it, and have space for it. Kevin has
space for it, I personally don't really need it, nor have any space for
it if I did need it.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com