Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 07:44:51 +0000, Peter Hill
wrote:

On 21-Feb-18 7:30 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 18:50:37 -0000, Peter Hill
wrote:

On 21-Feb-18 10:19 AM, alan_m wrote:
On 21/02/2018 01:45, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The robots don't care where they are.* OTOH, look where the car makers
have put up plants.* No new ones in Detroit, New York, or California.
Mexico has some.

The robots may not care where they live but it still needs a large,
mainly unskilled or semi-skilled workforce to feed them and to perform
all the other tasks that currently cannot be assigned to robots.

You need a smaller but very skilled workforce to maintain and repair the
robots.

That's the UK out then.

China and India are turning out 1000's of engineers every year. Indian
engineers work for about 1/2 the price of UK engineers and 1/3 the price
of the best sub-con consultancies. Mind you many of the analysis jobs
that get put out there have to be done 3x before they get it right but
overall it's cheaper.

Polish engineers are cheaper than US and UK and high quality.
https://www.edc.pl/
I work with 2 that have moved to the UK.

In UK many with the STEM skills that are required for engineering go
into finance and earn 2.5-5x what engineers earn.

From my experience I wouldn't give you a nickel for a whole boatload
of indian Engineers less than 55 years old.

Same goes for British Engineers.

Most of them couldn't figure out how to get out of a wet paper bag
when it comes to troubleshooting.

The damage they do before they get it right means unless they are
paying YOU, the job will NEVER be cheaper - it's like saying you loose
money on every job, but you'll make up for it in volume.