Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Bleach in a bath

On 20/02/2018 21:05, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
On 20/02/2018 08:13, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:03:28 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

On Monday, 19 February 2018 20:13:44 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
The plastic splash strip under the glass (?) door of our over the
bath shower is looking a bit manky. I have tried to clean it with
limit success. I would like to soak it with Domestos in the bath.
I think the bath is plastic. If I do this, will I damage the bath?

No, have used bleach plenty on plastic bathroom goods.

NT

Taa.

Some years ago there was a problem with certain bath cleaners
attacking the surface of enameled steel baths, which may be at the
back of your mind, but bleach on plastic should be OK.

I wouldn't be surprised is silly bang did as its quite acidic.
However proper enamel should be as resistant as glass.

I actually do blame silly bang for taking the chrome off my bath tap mixer
and the plug hole.

Could be. Many years ago BNFL did a trial to compare "domestic" cleaners
with expensive "industrial" decontamination products like Decon 90, and
I understand that Cillit Bang came out the best.