Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheChief TheChief is offline

Default Boiler recomendation - again :-)

TheChief Wrote in message:
The Nomad Wrote in message:
Guys,

The time has come (as the walrus said) to replace the old condensing
_non_-combi gas boiler.

N.B. non-combi

Even though I know none of the pipes will be in the right place, it will
be just a straight swap.

My estimate is a 28KW-ish boiler is needed (large-ish 4 bedroomed
bungalow).

So is Worcester-bosch still the top brand?

Many thanks for the collective wisdom

Avpx

--
"*Veni, vici*...Vetinari."
(Jingo)

Hi Nomad

I have a WB 24ri system condensing boiler.
The only time it has appeared to cause problems is when external
issues have caused an alarm state ( so not a boiler problem at
all).

My place is 1970 4 bed detached house with cavity wall
uninsulated, with plastic double glazing.

The WB copes fine with this and heating HW cylinder.
So I think your 28kW estimate sounds ok depending on house
construction.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Forgot to mention, install year was 2006.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/