Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Bleach in a bath

dennis@home wrote:
On 20/02/2018 09:39, Tim Watts wrote:

Trust me - everyone cleans their baths in bleach - diluted of
course... The only things, outside of weird organic solvents, that
damage plastic baths to my knowledge are abrasive cleaners.

I don't, the hard water leaves limescale so a mild acid works better
than bleach.

The only thing bleach is useful for on baths is if you need to get rid
of mould on the silicone.

Scrap the old silicone out. All of it. Yeah, I know.
Use meths to clean the area.
Let dry............. 12 hours.
Fill bath half way with water
Use decent silicone, not the quid for a tube ****e.
Apply silicone with the Fugi tool. Not with finger stuck in gob as this
introduces bacteria and moisture into the silicone.
Let set for 12 hours.
Okay, you will stink. But the end result is worth it.
I did the above maybe six years ago after two failed repairs not doing it
the right way.
The silicone is as white as the day I applied it, no mould.