Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Assembly Bench Completed

On 2/20/2018 9:22 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/20/18 8:31 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/19/2018 4:30 PM, Jack wrote:
On 2/18/2018 6:41 PM, wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

See?* The fishing works.* ;-)

I like it.* A lot!* How do you deal with cutting the top of the bench?

I built my cutting bench on a solid-core door with a sheet of 3/4" MDF
just sitting on top, held in place by side rails 1/4" shy of the
surface.* I'm not short on space so portability wasn't important. It's
on casters but it never moves more than a foot or two.

Wasn't it you that bought that goofy accordion folding work table
"the centipede" I think it was called?** Everyone got all over the
Comet cause he thought it looked gimmick-ee.

Anyway, this thing Leon built I've seen on YouTube before.* Looks ok
but takes up lots of floor/wall space.

When not in use and being stored it has a foot print of 20"x17".* You
probably take up more space when you are staining in the shop.

Depends on what you're staining, right?** :-p
Yeah, yeah, I know what you meant.

;~)