Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Bleach in a bath

The issue here i think is the finish on the bath and how resistant it is to
the chemicals. I don't know the current make up of household bleach, but to
be honest I've never found it much good to clean plastic, just damage it.
the bottle is a particualy sort of plastic, but again, how can we know what
it is?
I'd not want to try it unless I had a bath other than my main one that
did not matter to test it on.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Monday, 19 February 2018 21:42:51 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
Probably.
Brian

The plastic splash strip under the glass (?) door of our over the
bath shower is looking a bit manky. I have tried to clean it with
limit success.
I would like to soak it with Domestos in the bath.
I think the bath is plastic. If I do this, will I damage the bath?

Which is what I thought.
Curses!

What's the bottle made of in which the bleach comes?