Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT What is this thing in Florida

On 02/19/2018 09:07 PM, wrote:
Right here in my little town 20 years ago 5 miles east of 75 was a
dirt road with palmetto scrub and marsh land on both sides. Now it is
a 2 lane blacktop with plans to go to 4 and you can drop a golf ball
right over the I-75 fence and play all the way to Immokalee if you
don't mind jumping some fences, and playing through someones yard
between courses.

I haven't been in Florida in over 30 years. When I lived in New
Hampshire I would take a few weeks off in the fall and chase the season
down the seaboard, hanging out in FL before going back to winter. I
liked it in a Apalachicola and Ocala forests. That little state park
down by Ft. Myers where Cyrus Teed and the Hollow Earth nutters settled
was nice too. It was okay to visit but I like mountains. I went looking
for the highest point, never could find it. Wish there'd been GPSs back
then.

I'm glad I saw DizzyWorld back then. I just read where they've jumped
the tickets to $120 a pop.