Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT What is this thing in Florida

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 20:12:29 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/19/2018 05:55 PM, wrote:
As soon as you get much west of the Fl Turnpike everything used to be
swamp and most of the developed areas were drained and filled. What
was not is still swamp and federally protected "wetland" or preserves.

My father worked on a highway project between DeLand and Daytona in the
'20s. The money was good until it wasn't. We went through the area in
the '60s and he was amazed at what the swamps had become.

Right here in my little town 20 years ago 5 miles east of 75 was a
dirt road with palmetto scrub and marsh land on both sides. Now it is
a 2 lane blacktop with plans to go to 4 and you can drop a golf ball
right over the I-75 fence and play all the way to Immokalee if you
don't mind jumping some fences, and playing through someones yard
between courses.