Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Country lanes - no curbs

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:44:08 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 19/02/2018 21:19, Tim Streater wrote:

snip

Oddly enough I have trouble with this, in terms of going backwards in a
straight line.

If you always reverse park you soon find it easy.

Or regularly tow a trailer, especially a short one. ;-)

You soon learn how to 'thread the eye of a needle' when being forced
to reverse a car and dinghy up a county lane.

What helps though is having a car with a decent overhang (from the
rear wheels and towball) as you could actually recover a slightly
'waywood' trailer without having to wipe the front off the car on a
post or pulling forward a bit again.

Another thing that helped me was rebuilding a seized engine in a car
when I was about 15 and being restricted to just driving it forward
and reverse around a square 'U' shaped 'back alley'.

Cheers, T i m