Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Country lanes - no curbs

dennis@home wrote:
On 19/02/2018 22:19, Marland wrote:

Farm workers are hardly in the income bracket to buy the vehicles marketed
as SUVs
More likely to have an old Astra.

Bad choice, they are wider than most of the small SUVs.
They are even wider than transit connect vans.

But are ideal for not worrying about stuffing into the hedge and just the
right size to force an owner of an SUV who is less keen to to go BlackBerry
picking with the wing mirror to do the same.
I had a succession of Diesel Astra estates as company cars for years,
about half I bought off the company and gave to my Dad, he was a Farmer,
so was my brother and I got him one as well.

Though to be fair the last one I got them was around 2002 reg so before
they got bigger and more delicate likes lots of cars have done.

Can you get a pallet in the rear of an Astra estate now. (Normal, not an
Astramax van)?

GH