Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default HF Dual-Bevel 12" Sliding CMS $133.

On 2/6/2018 11:20 AM, Leon wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
On 2/6/18 4:46 AM, Leon wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-Double-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw-With-Laser-Guide-System-61969.html

So this thing is $133 with the coupon. Anybody have one?
I'm thinking about buying it just for kicks and to check out how it does.
The dual bevel is really useful for crown molding.

You don't need dual bevel for crown.

https://youtu.be/ThhJI6aTIl0

Well, I know you don't *need* it but it sure is convenient.
That's a cool jig. I have a crown-cut that I use and I will also put
down spring angle stop on the saw at times.

Well! I figured you knew it, LOL, but this guy seems to have a few
tricks up his sleeve for trimming. He has some very interesting videos in
addition to this one.

I'm not a big fan of safety crap, or comments on unsafe youtube videos,
but the very first cut this guy makes on his table saw is so wrong it
bothered even me. He is making a cut off with the end of the board
against the rip fence, and is standing directly behind the blade. (2:25
into the video) Making a cut off like this is asking for major kick
back, catching the board between the blade and the fence, and if he has
an over powered saw like you have, he is asking for trouble. I guess
it's possible it just looks like the board is against the fence, but it
sure looks like it to me. He seems to know what he's doing, so it could
be not what it looks like.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com