Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Assembly Bench Completed

On 2/18/2018 8:57 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 20:40:25 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/18/2018 5:32 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:10:45 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/18/2018 9:46 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 05:37:26 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 7:33:55 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
A week or so back I posted pictures of the workbench/assembly table that
I was building and finally today I am just about finished. I'm debating
whether to add 2 attachment bolts to hold the two units together.

I elected to not drill the 32,548 holes in the top.... My Festool work
table has enough. ;~)

The legs. With material storage on the wings that stick out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

All set up with a full sheet of plywood on top.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

I jumped up to sit in the middle of one side. Not a sound did I hear....

Very nice.

How heavy is each section? Where will you keep them when the table isn't being used?

The ceiling of a garage is a good place for a lot of this sort of
thing.

I used to store stuff like that way up there, total PIA, plus my cieling
are 12~16" taller now.

I used to store all my ladders hanging from the ceiling. I had pulleys
and lines for each one to help put them away. Worked well.

I kept full sheets of plywood up there. ;~(

You said your bench top wasn't as heavy as a sheet of plywood. Didn't
the plywood sag? I wouldn't think that would be a good way to store
sheet goods.

I had a support system made up of 2x4's that had an interior opening of
54" wide and spaced 2' apart for 8'. The plywood would have had to bow
between the 2' spans. And I mostly had 3/4" sheet goods up there. AND
that was in a 2 car garage above the garage door.