Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 00:44:43 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 20:18:56 -0800, ultred ragnusen

Ulfred wrote:
Given that we're talking 85 foot pounds, being off square a little bit
"probably" wouldn't matter anyway.

This video debunks the myth.
https://youtu.be/wNcCwdtfcOU?t=49

Are you saying you're debunking your own previous post?

The guy in the video says that a wobbly extension will throw off your
torque reading [if you're not directly above the nut, which is likely
with a wobble and the whole point of using a wobble] "Have to stay on
axis. If you do get off center, that will throw off your readings"

the "wobble" or a flex joint allow you to be "off axis" without
making the socket "bind" on the nut, which is what throws the torque
off when you are "off axis"