Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex13 Vortex13 is offline

Default Multi Tool suitability for electrical back box installation

Hello,

I am about to refurbish a 1960's flat. Walls therefore are plaster on
masonry (brick) and I intend to install 8 "new" double sockets so will
need to recess that number of steel back boxes. Not something I have
done for some years.....when I did I used an angle grinder and it was
horribly messy/dusty.

I have been advised that a so called "multi tool" is the dogs' danglies
for cutting neat holes these days, and am inclined to obtain one along
with suitable carbide blade/cutter tools. My instinct is mains/corded
and 300 Watts-ish.

Can anybody comment on using multi tools for such applications? I'm
most interested in experiences (negative or positive) and hardware
recommendations.

Cheers.