Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim.GM4DHJ ... Jim.GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default soft off/on switching

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 18/02/2018 13:28, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
can cold and high humidity affect soft off/on switching in a transceiver
that wouldn't affect a hard off/on switch? ....

In more extreme temp., starting from cold can be a problem- even with a
'hard' switch.

I've not seen it in amateur kit and it is generally at very low
temperatures- well below 0 C.

I'd hope the front panel is at least reasonable protected re moisture.
Moisture inside could be another matter. Soft start circuits are design to
drawn naff all current when 'off' and a bit of moisture could really cause
issues- lower Z where higher Z is expected.

thanks the FT450d was acting up wouldn't go off then wouldn't go on...fine
when in the house...I'm sure the guy who bought it won't have any
problems.......I was wondering where this post had went...wrong group as
usual.......have to watch what I'm doing.......but I got an
answer.......just another reason why I hate the FT450D ......