Posted to alt.home.repair
ultred ragnusen ultred ragnusen is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

wrote:

way back then I gave a solution
to the accellerated wear you were bitching and complaining about. AIR
UP YOUR TIRES!!!!

The door sticker says 29psi, where I've been running 40 psi consistently
for a very long time.

Rotating your tires does not reduce the wear - it
just distributes it.

This is a good distinction that the wear will happen no matter what, but,
by distributing it among the 4 tires, the tires should last longer, don't
you think?

A bit more air in the tire will keep it from
squirming/leaning/feathering. So will using a tire better suited to
your bob-sled-run twisty downhill roads.

These tires are the stock size and load rating. The only thing different is
that I'm running 40 psi instead of 29 psi.

Damned engineers - - -

I'm an electrical engineer - but this has nothing to do with that.