Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Assembly Bench Completed

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:27:38 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/18/2018 9:52 AM, dpb wrote:
On 2/17/2018 6:33 PM, Leon wrote:
A week or so back I posted pictures of the workbench/assembly table
that I was building and finally today I am just about finished.* I'm
debating whether to add 2 attachment bolts to hold the two units
together.

I elected to not drill the 32,548 holes in the top.... My Festool work
table has enough.* ;~)

The legs. With material storage on the wings that stick out.

I had wondered the purpose of the wings in the construction photos
earlier...

Forgot to address in my precious response.

The top wing, if you will notice, extends out a few inches further than
the lower wings.

It extends past the side of the work surface so that I can have a place
to put my track with parallel guides. It is normally an issue finding a
place to put it when working with multiple sheets of plywood.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

See? The fishing works. ;-)

I like it. A lot! How do you deal with cutting the top of the bench?

I built my cutting bench on a solid-core door with a sheet of 3/4" MDF
just sitting on top, held in place by side rails 1/4" shy of the
surface. I'm not short on space so portability wasn't important. It's
on casters but it never moves more than a foot or two.