Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Assembly Bench Completed

On 2/18/2018 9:52 AM, dpb wrote:
On 2/17/2018 6:33 PM, Leon wrote:
A week or so back I posted pictures of the workbench/assembly table
that I was building and finally today I am just about finished.Â* I'm
debating whether to add 2 attachment bolts to hold the two units
together.

I elected to not drill the 32,548 holes in the top.... My Festool work
table has enough.Â* ;~)

The legs. With material storage on the wings that stick out.

I had wondered the purpose of the wings in the construction photos
earlier...

Flat assembly surfaces are always near priceless

Pre-cicely! Worthe their weight in gold!

-what's the height;
I mentioned earlier 50 lbs ish but maybe less, The top and bottom on one
side add up to 40" x 96". All vertical pieces are hollowed put, 2 long
on the sides and 5 shot perpendicular to the sides.
Just a hair over the weight od a full sheet of 1/2" ply. Light enough
to not be concerned about setting up and breaking down by my self.

made mine somewhat lower so a 30" or so piece on top wasn't out of reach
or such a strain to reach...but they weren't nearly so fancily-built,
either!Â*

--

I wanted large the large flat area as a work surface. I assemble FF's
and I want them to be flat. This should work for those. IIRC this is

A close look and this ain't so fancy, no sir! ;~) I was not going for
purdy so much as functional.

I will say the blue nylon webbing/straps to replace hinges and to limit
the splay of the legs works surprisingly well. I think I got 25' of it
for $11.