Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On 2/18/18 4:25 PM, ultred ragnusen wrote:

I thought all torque wrenches needed your hand in a certain given
spot?

They measure torque at the head of the wrench, not the end of the
handle.
Take a wrench with a 2 foot handle. Say it takes 50 pounds of force at
the end of the handle to loosen a nut. Take a wrench with a 4 foot
handle.
It will take 25 pounds of force at the end of the that one's handle to
loosen
the same nut. That's why cheater pipes work.