Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 20:16:49 +0000, "dennis@home"

On 18/02/18 16:57, Mark wrote:
Let's talk some statistics to look at the consequences of the vote:
- New car purchases dropped due to the uncertainty.
- Companies relocating out of the UK.
- Inflation up.
- Consumer spending falling.

But everyone feeling much happier

You are in cloud cuckoo land if you think that is true.

He is because he (actually) does. ;-(

At least 30% aren't happier.

Quire, potentially a lot more ATM, including many of the (non
fanatic) Brexiteers.

Mind you things are getting better, it looks like brexit in name only
will be the worst that can happen and that we may stay.

What a mess though. Talk about 'trying to make a silk purse out of a
sows ear'.

How much easier it would all be if say 2/3rds of the electorate
actually supported it and we actually knew what 'it' was!

Once the 'it' was pinned down (with some red lines and priorities etc)
the government would be in a much better position to negotiate 'on our
behalf' as they would know we were actually behind it in principal.

But that boat has sailed (and been left with the wheel just tied off)
and so the next best thing (and what we should have done in the first
place of course) is have the referendum as it should be and that's an
'opinion poll' and if 2/3rds of the electorate say 'yes, let's look
into it', then that's what we do, actually voting on the final result
for real.

That all sounds perfectly reasonable and democratic to me, but then
I'm not on any crusade and would like to think any decision was made
on good information and actually represented the 'will of the people'.

Cheers, T i m