Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 21:17:55 -0000, ultred ragnusen

No need to with those little **** ant things you blokes call cars.

That must be why merkins are so keen to own English cars.

I'm not sure who is trolling and who is joking as rotating and
inspecting tires is a natural thing that you do on most vehicles
simply because fronts wear differently than rears, and crowns affect
wear and alignment setup per side.
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/...ic_balance.jpg

Besides, rotating tires gives you a chance to doublecheck their
static balance and to inspect and remove between 50 and 100 pebbles
and shards from the carcass.
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/18/splinter2.jpg

With respect to the country of origin of most cars driven in
America, I'd wager that Japan has the rest of the world beat in
terms of what 'mericans prefer overall.

Yes, the fronts wear faster than the rears, but so what?! You
replace whatever wears out when it wears out. What on earth is the
point in moving them around so you have to replace all four at once?!

It's called preventive maintenance. You are too stupid to understand this.