Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
ultred ragnusen ultred ragnusen is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

wrote:

Much better to
discard it and get something with a longer handle
https://tinyurl.com/yag6ddqr

That "teloscopic torque wrench" was a new tool to my eyes!
(Too bad it doesn't take a socket because it's 17/19 & while I need 21mm).

It must be a clever internal mechanism that calculates the torque correctly
when you can change the distance along the lever!

Basically, I was asking if it's short because that way, a normal human can
only apply about 85 foot pounds which is all they can do with that short
bar and their hands?

But don't most people jump on it using their whole body weight ?

Truth be told, I've used my appreciable body weight for /removing/ lug
bolts ... but never for tightening them.