Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:22:20 +0000, Mark
wrote:

snip

A great deal, it means you don't understand the consequence of
immigration of wages.

Negligable, compared with the negative effects of Brexit.

The problem we have here is that it has been proven that FredXX often
states misinformation as if it was fact.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/work...e-from-britain

Basically it says:

"There seems to be a broad consensus among academics that the share of
immigrants in the workforce has little or no effect on native wages."

So yet more BS from FredXX. ;-(

Do you deny the current housing shortage hasn't had an effect on the
Brexit vote?

Maybe. However there is no guarantee that the housing shortage will
improve.

It was actually caused as a knock on of the banks crash / recession.

Precisely. Many will never be able to own a house for so long. When was
the last time you knew a NQT purchase their house in the first year
after qualifying?

Brexit will do nothing to help NQTs.

See above. If you can sell every house you build, why aren't all the
developers jumping on the bandwagon?

Because they are land-grabbing. They are buying up land, getting
planning permission to build, but are waiting as they expect house
prices to rise, and hence they can make more profit that way.

*Exactly*.

Because no party showed the will to sort out the housing problem. As you
said earlier we should never believe politicians, hence Brexit.

So don't believe Boris or Farage.

Or FredXX!

Cheers, T i m