Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 22:54:47 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 11/02/2018 12:47, T i m wrote:

I wouldn't have called myself fanatical, 99.9% of Brexiters.

Does anyone call themselves fanatical?

But I'm not sure you would be in a position to judge that.

Maybe not. I have my reasons for supporting Brexit and have given them
here numerous times. I'm no so fanatical I have joined in or paid any
subscription to further Brexit.

Fair enough, but I see no need for Brexiters to be called thick or any
other negative quantity.

I would call Brexiters deluded.

Many remainers come out as poor losers.

With Brexit we'll (nearly) all be losers.

Many
remainers have embraced the will of the British people and moved on. My
reference to Remoaners are to those who haven't moved forward and would
with to thwart Brexit against the will of the electorate.

A wafer-thin "majority" is not the will of the people.

I note you snipped that for every 100 remain votes there were 108 Brexit
votes.

See above.

And what do you think the 'limited movement of labour' is going to do?
It's foxes and rabbits out there mate, if there are no jobs then there
won't be people 'migrating (not immigrating note) to fill them.

Then the laws of supply and demand take over.

Yes, I just said that ...

And therefore we can expect an increase in wages.

If only. With many companies relocating out of the UK we can expect a
reduction in wages.

A great deal, it means you don't understand the consequence of
immigration of wages.

Negligable, compared with the negative effects of Brexit.

Do you deny the current housing shortage hasn't had an effect on the
Brexit vote?

Maybe. However there is no guarantee that the housing shortage will
improve.

Precisely. Many will never be able to own a house for so long. When was
the last time you knew a NQT purchase their house in the first year
after qualifying?

Brexit will do nothing to help NQTs.

See above. If you can sell every house you build, why aren't all the
developers jumping on the bandwagon?

Because they are land-grabbing. They are buying up land, getting
planning permission to build, but are waiting as they expect house
prices to rise, and hence they can make more profit that way.

Because no party showed the will to sort out the housing problem. As you
said earlier we should never believe politicians, hence Brexit.

So don't believe Boris or Farage.

--
insert witty sig here