Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Assembly Bench Completed

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 7:33:55 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
A week or so back I posted pictures of the workbench/assembly table that
I was building and finally today I am just about finished. I'm debating
whether to add 2 attachment bolts to hold the two units together.

I elected to not drill the 32,548 holes in the top.... My Festool work
table has enough. ;~)

The legs. With material storage on the wings that stick out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

All set up with a full sheet of plywood on top.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

I jumped up to sit in the middle of one side. Not a sound did I hear....

Very nice.

Thank you.

How heavy is each section? Where will you keep them when the table isn't being used?

Weight, not sure. Probably 50 ish. Lbs each. Light enough for me to pick
up in the middle and carry around by my self. Think about the weight of a
single sheet of 1/2" plywood. Just a little more than that. Because the
sides, ends, and inner supports have the middles cut out they are just a
few pounds total. Each section is 20"x96".

I think I will be standing them on their ends at a wall just behind the end
of the garage door support rail. I have 9' ceilings in my garage so that
should not be an issue.