Posted to alt.home.repair
Dove Tail Dove Tail is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

trader_4 wrote:

Not clear what he means by socket extension bar. If he means a socket
extension that goes into the socket which a breaker bar then goes to,
I agree, the answer is no. But if he means a different length breaker
bar, the answer obviously is yes.

He could be referencing the special torque bars that are used by many
tire shops. They look like an extension bar, but they come in
different thicknesses and are color coded to indicate the torque which
can be applied using each one.

See: Astro 78810 10-Piece Torque Limiting Extension Set - Torque
Wrenches - Amazon.com http://tinyurl.com/y8aofhfu

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"